This blog runs on a custom solution I created some time ago. It's quite basic, fast, and has worked fine for me. Until now. I don't know what it is, but I crave a little more power and flexibility. I also get cabin fever when I stay with the same "technology" for too long. When that happens, I unfailingly slow down my posting rate. It's nice to break stuff from time to time.
Google's index still seems to be heavily in favor of my old urls. I took great pains to make the new blog--this one--have pretty urls. I adjusted my .htaccess to serve a 301 redirect for the older ones too, but it hasn't seemed to help.